Posted - 10/27/2018 : 20:02:24
| Dear ReportPortal,
I have recently switched a client of mine from RP4 to RP5 (long overdue...) and the main user quite enjoy the modern look & feel and the quick rendering.
I was happy to see that SQL-based filters can be used as User Filters, too, however I am not sure how to use them to restrict displaying certain rows instead of just configuring the initial value of the filter.
Here is my use-case in a simplified version:
- I have revenue for different account managers
- the new report should show revenue for customer managed by the user as account manager
- there should be a way for the CEO to see data for all account managers
What I have done:
- I have created a Shared SQL Filter which is very simple:
SELECT pkAccountManager, AccountManager
- then I created a User Filter Value using the above Shared SQL Filter
- then I went to the user setup, find that account manager and configured the User Filter Value to show data only for him
- in the revenue report I create an AccountManager filter and set it to use the new user filter in the "User Filter Value" dropdown
- for list type I chose shared but didn't specify any shared filter
It almost works fine as when I impersonate as one of the users, the report is filtered down to only his customers but the Account Manager filter is visible and he can choose any other account manager and see their revenue figures, too.
I wonder if there is any way to configure a SQL filter as for the OLAP ones there are options to
- hide the filter in view mode
- apply to all reports and hide filter
I wonder if I'm missing something and I hope it's actually possible what I would like to do. If I couldn't properly explain what I had in mind, please let me know and I recreate that situation on ReportPortal.us with some sample data.