Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ReportPortal General Forum
 Report Portal General Issues
 Server side execution - not really on the server ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fdranguet

France
81 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  01:33:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am experiencing an issue which may have been there from the start since the "server side execution" option has been introduced, but I did not notice it before. I am currently having requests that are requiring to write reports having a large number of lines. Normally, given the simplicity of those reports (only using standard dimensions, and some calculated measures included in the cube I am pointing to) it should not be hard to handle with Report Portal: by using the "server side execution", and limiting the number of records showed at once, it should work flawlessly (then users are having the option to extract everything to Excel if needed).

The thing is, even with the "server side execution", and showing 100 records per page, Internet Explorer on the client side is hanging after launching the query (I tried to wait one hour once, and it never finished). I ran the MDX statement from the server, it took 30 seconds to run and returned 230116 records. With the options I ticked, I would expect Report Portal to run the MDX statement from the server, then to return only the first 100 rows, which should not be an issue for IE to display. Do you have any idea why this is not the case ? I assume that for some reason, RP is actually passing the whole file to IE which is trying to calculate something in JS from that big amount of lines.

Many thanks !

Regards,
François Dranguet
Scott Bader SA
Ingénieur Système/Développeur BI

marco

Netherlands
588 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  06:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Which build are you using ?

Marco
Go to Top of Page

fdranguet

France
81 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  00:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am using the very last one, build 169.
Thanks !

Regards,
François
Go to Top of Page

admin

1637 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  07:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you please try to reproduce this problem on the demo server?
http://www.reportportal.us/ReportPortal
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ReportPortal © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page