ReportPortal
ReportPortal
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 ReportPortal General Forum
 Report Portal General Issues
 Dashboard Filter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is ON
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
naseer78 Posted - 03/20/2010 : 04:19:28
Hello,

First:
I need to develop Three OLAP reports which I will call them on Dashboard, in which I will apply Time Dimension Filter. From filter when user select for example Month “Mar-2009”
1. One report will show data for the Month of “Mar-2009”.
2. Second report will show data for the month of “Feb-2009”.
3. Third report will show data for the month of “Mar-2008” i.e. Same period Last Year

I don’t know how I can do this. I haven’t seen any option in OLAP report and Dashboard where I can do this. In filter I see the Date Calculation but it not useful in my requirement, because user select any year, quarter , month from the filter.

Second:
I develop an OLAP report which has its own Filters and I called this report and other reports on Dashboard, I don’t want Dashboard Filter will affect my this report. From dashboard I used report “override General Option” but it not make any change on Dashboard.

Thanks and Regards,
Naseer Ahmed.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
admin Posted - 03/22/2010 : 00:44:17
For “First”, please create three OLAP reports:

1. The first report will be based on your existing measures.

2. Second report will be based on calculated measure to get the previous month relative to the selected month. For example:
([Measures].[ Unit Sales],[Time].CurrentMember.PrevMember)

3. Third report will also be based on calculated measure to get the previous month last year relative to the selected month. For example:
([Measures].[Unit Sales], Cousin([Time].CurrentMember.PrevMember, [Time].CurrentMember.Parent.PrevMember))

For “Second”, “Override General Option” will only let you show or hide the filter in the child report. This option will not disable the filter action. To disable the filtering please try the following:

1. In the report tree, right click on the OLAP report, select Hyperlink and copy it.

2. Go to Design > Other > Hyperlink and create a new link based on the one you copied in step #1.

3. Use the Link report in the dashboard.

ReportPortal © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page