ReportPortal
ReportPortal
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 ReportPortal General Forum
 Report Portal General Issues
 Filter in Dashboard for Reports

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is ON
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
naseer78 Posted - 01/12/2010 : 04:09:34

I develop a Two reports by using two different Cubes.

I called these two reports in my dashboard.I want to apply filters on this dashboard. Problem I want to apply filter which works for both report. I seen i havent got any option that one filter work for both report which are created on two different cubes. The dimensions are same for both the cubes.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marco Posted - 01/15/2010 : 02:31:28
Hi,

I have made a demo / sample based on SSAS2005 KPIs on the demo server.

Marco
naseer78 Posted - 01/15/2010 : 01:20:45
I test when I developed OLAP reports using two different cubes and called on Dashboard Classic. It works fine if one report contain filter and other report not using filter, By using synchronized filter on classic dashboard. When both reports contain filter it shows error “[Time].[Time[Hierarchy] dimension use twice in crossjoin” and then “[Time].[Time[Hierarchy] dimension already used in Axis(1)”.

I have developed two KPIs2005 Groups using two different cubes on ReportPortal and called these KPIs2005 Groups Dashboard Classic and apply synchronized filters it not working.

Thanks n Regards,
Naseer Ahmed.
marco Posted - 01/14/2010 : 00:39:33
Hi,

If you have 1 SSAS 2005 / 2008 Project with all cubes in the project using the same dimensions than it is working in Dashboard II.

See sample AdventureWorks where you can have both finance and sales as 2 olap views in dashboard with fiscal date as filter.

marco
naseer78 Posted - 01/13/2010 : 21:45:41
Thanks for reply.

I Use “Synchronize Filters” option on Dahsboard Classic but it not working.

Thanks and Regards
admin Posted - 01/13/2010 : 14:29:08
The short answer is no. The Dashboard report supports only one cube. Filter will be applied to reports that have the selected cube for that dashboard.

However, Dashboard Classic report type does support this functionality. Please go to Admin > Selected Report Types to enable this report type. Use “Synchronize Filters” option for have the filter of one report synchronized with filter of another report.
naseer78 Posted - 01/12/2010 : 21:00:47
HELLO,

Thanks for reply.

I think I am using Analysis Services 2008
and ReportPortal 3.0, Build 166

Thanks in Advance
Regards,
Naseer Ahmed
marco Posted - 01/12/2010 : 06:57:23
Hi,

Are you using SSAS2005, SSAS2008 or SSAS2008 R2 ?

I have tested it with SSAS2005 AdventureWorks and this is working as expected with the latest build of ReportPortal.

Marco

ReportPortal © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page