ReportPortal
ReportPortal
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 ReportPortal General Forum
 Report Portal General Issues
 MDX Editor vs Builder for dynamic date

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is ON
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
invantix Posted - 09/21/2009 : 08:29:04
I have a query that brings back the results I want, the sales for each product line for the each of the previous 12 weeks. I put it in the MDX editor and it works fine but if I change anything in the GUI the MDX changes. I am wondering, can I create a named set or something to get the last 12 months to show a columns.

Here is my query

Select non empty Crossjoin(HIERARCHIZE(DISTINCT({{
[Market Segment].[All Market Segment].[A269],
[Market Segment].[All Market Segment].[Beverage],
[Market Segment].[All Market Segment].[Commercial],
[Market Segment].[All Market Segment].[Encapsulated Wire]}})),{
[Measures].[Total Dollars]}) on rows,
non empty HIERARCHIZE(DISTINCT({{
Tail(NonEmptyCrossJoin([Time].[Week Ending].[Week Ending].Members,{[Measures].Members}),1).Item(0).Item(0):
Tail(NonEmptyCrossJoin([Time].[Week Ending].[Week Ending].Members,{[Measures].Members}),1).Item(0).Item(0).Lag(12)}})) on columns
From [Shipping Analysis]

The part of the code that gives the previous 12 weeks is:

Tail(NonEmptyCrossJoin([Time].[Week Ending].[Week Ending].Members,{[Measures].Members}),1).Item(0).Item(0):
Tail(NonEmptyCrossJoin([Time].[Week Ending].[Week Ending].Members,{[Measures].Members}),1).Item(0).Item(0).Lag(12)

I would like to create this as a named set and use it in many OLAP reports. If I can do that I can do the same for quarters and years.

Thanks
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
invantix Posted - 09/22/2009 : 10:21:58
Thanks!

This worked. I tried on the client and it worked. I created them on the server since I will be using them a lot.
admin Posted - 09/22/2009 : 00:11:53
You can create a named-set on SSAS side or in ReportPortal. To create a named-set in ReportPortal, in OLAP report design mode click on named-set toolbar button, select dimension, click on MDX tab and paste your MDX:

Tail(NonEmptyCrossJoin([Time].[Week Ending].[Week Ending].Members,{[Measures].Members}),1).Item(0).Item(0).Lag(12)

Alternatively, you can enable Options > General tab > “Preserve MDX” option to prevent the MDX from being replaced when using a filter.

ReportPortal © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page