ReportPortal
ReportPortal
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 ReportPortal General Forum
 Report Portal General Issues
 Disconnection issue ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
* HTML is ON
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fdranguet Posted - 09/07/2009 : 02:17:17
Hello,

I am facing an issue that have been existing since I am using Report Portal, but which is becoming more and more annoying since more and more users are creating their own reports: it seems that you may be disconnected from Report Portal at random times. This is generally not an issue because we are using a pass-through authentication, so generally users will not even notice they have been disconnected, but when you want to save a report you just modified, and you have been disconnected, you cannot - it will not even show your own "my reports" folder.

I say this is random because it does not seem to be after a regular amount of time: sometimes it could be one minutes, sometimes ten, sometimes one hour... I was thinking it may be linked with a certain amount of data you have been retrieving from the server, is that possible ? I already tried to tweak a lot of things - IIS session timeout, .NET settings, Report Portal session timeout, etc, but so far was not able to fix that. Do you have any idea on what could be causing that, or any detail explanation about all those session timeouts involved behind Report Portal (.NET, IIS, etc) ?

Many thanks for anyone trying to help !

Regards,
François
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
admin Posted - 09/14/2009 : 19:31:27
Please take a look at your windows event application log.
fdranguet Posted - 09/14/2009 : 07:55:27
Thanks to you both for your answers. I tried to apply your solutions those last days, but it did not work (though it seemed to me a little bit more stable after having added a separate application pool for Report Portal, which was on a shared one - only containing xmla and Report Portal itself).

One more symptom I have is that sometimes, when clicking on a report in the menu, it will not open the report on the report frame but another DAN welcome page (with another menu, "View", "Design", "Administration" tabs, etc). Would that help you to determine what is happening here ? Many thanks.

Regards,
François
admin Posted - 09/08/2009 : 03:01:40
It is possible that ReportPortal virtual directory application pool is shared with another application that recycles its memory. Open IIS manager and make sure that ReportPortal virtual directory is assigned to its own application pool. You might need to create a new application pool if it does not exist.
marco Posted - 09/07/2009 : 11:19:39
hi,

any idea if the browser used by viers could be the problem ?

You can use also the stting to remember the login on client. Is this a solution for you ?

> Settings > Login > Remember me on this PC

Marco

ReportPortal © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page